CRWG promotes collaborative, multidisciplinary research related to women and gender, with an emphasis on work, health and culture. In addition to research conducted within the university community, the Center collaborates with a range of other Chicago organizations to assist them in developing their evaluation and research programs.
The Center’s mission is to produce improved understanding of the lives of women and the role of gender in society. Center staff members view research activities as collaborations in which all partners work towards the same goal.
- NEW Pauline Maki, PhD, has been named Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs with the University of Illinois College of Medicine. Full story can be found here.
- Call for Proposals for the 2020 Alice J. Dan Dissertation Award. Click here for details.
- COVID-19 Resource Guide for MCH
- CONGRATULATIONS! The “Paul Levy Memorial Student Support Fund” is presented to Alexia Ng, MPH candidate in the Division of Epidemiology and Biostatistics/Global Health concentration and Graduate Assistant, CRWG. This scholarship supports a student who is enrolled in the Division of Epidemiology and Biostatistics. The award supports students in the form of a scholarship for professional development or travel.
- Pauline Maki and Stacie Geller highlight the importance of menopause and menopausal symptoms to women’s brain health https://www.healio.com/endocrinology/reproduction-androgen-disorders/news/online/%7Bc47300f0-71ee-47cc-8f68-b884b017da0e%7D/hot-flashes-associated-with-altered-brain-function-during-memory-tests
- UIC, IDPH receive $9.5M for maternal outcomes improvement project https://today.uic.edu/uic-idph-receive-9-5m-maternal-outcomes-improvement-project
- Congratulations Dr. Geller, the 2019 Innovator of Today! https://vimeo.com/372688899
- Center of Excellence in Women’s Health
- Women in Science and Engineering (WISE)
- Alice J. Dan Dissertation Award
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women’s Health (BIRCWH)
- Leadership and Mentoring
- NEW The Illinois Rural Cancer Assessment team has recent publications:
Emily Hallgren: https://crwg.uic.edu/files/2020/04/Hallgren-et-al.2020.pdf
Marquita W. Lewis-Thames, PhD: https://crwg.uic.edu/files/2020/04/Lewis-Thames_et_al-2020-The_Journal_of_Rural_Health.pdf
- Illinois Rural Cancer Assessment Publications
- UIC, IDPH receive $9.5M for maternal outcomes improvement project
- Stacie Geller, PhD 2019 Innovator of Today
- Leslie Carnahan receives the American Association for Cancer Research’s (AACR) Scholar-in-Training award
- Award for Graduate Research Leslie Carnahan
- BIRCWH (31)
- CoE (36)
- News-CoE (29)
- CRWG (95)
- Uncategorized (28)
- WISE (50)
1640 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL 60608
- No events